American Roofing is a GAF Certified Maintenance Professional (CMP). This team is specialized and trained to perform one important task, perform maintenance repairs to your existing roof system accurately and efficiently.
With our patent pending RoofTrakUSA® cloud based roof asset management system, you are always in the know. From daily project updates to roof inspection and repair reports, stored real-time and up-to-date. Whether you manage one roof or one-thousand, you will have up to date accurate data on every roof that you manage.
A GAF Certified Maintenance Professional (CMP)
Your very best choice for your commercial roofing maintenance program.
A commercial roof is a huge investment for a building owner, so don’t install a new one and forget about it. If you want something to perform well, you have to maintain it. If you don’t, you’re putting your property at risk of damage from leaks, not to mention the risk of your guarantee coverage being jeopardized.
The good news is regular maintenance can help you preserve your roof and enjoy many years of reliable service. A GAF Certified Maintenance Professional, backed by North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, can help you avoid costly roofing problems. Here are the facts:
- Studies have shown that proactively maintained roofs last up to 60% longer than reactively maintained roofs.*
- Less than 1% of roof failure is caused by defective roofing materials; leaving poor installation, severe weather, and lack of maintenance to blame.
- “Typically, the cost of a couple of service calls and maintenance repairs can equal the yearly cost of a maintenance contract.”—“The Russo Report: Selling Owners On Roof Maintenance—Part III” by Mike Russo, Roofing Contractor, July 25, 2012
What Wears Out A Roof?
- Exposure… Either long-term exposure to the elements (sun, water, freeze-thaw, etc.) or short-term exposure to damaging air pollutants and chemicals
- Structural Movement… Such as building settlement or expansion/contraction not accommodated by the roofing system
- Biological Growth… Such as vegetation in areas of standing water or algae
- Not Fixing Problems Promptly… These can add up to a much shorter roof life—e.g., if a small problem is not repaired, then a large amount of insulation can be damaged
- Forgetting About Maintenance… This is perhaps the biggest cause of premature roof failure
- Change In The Use Of The Building… e.g., an increase in the interior relative humidity of a building can cause severe condensation problems within the roofing system
Keep Your Investment Safe
A CMP’s job is to reduce the risk of unexpected expenses and unnecessary disruption that may occur if your roof leaks. Certified Maintenance Professionals will perform (or arrange for) the following vital services for your roof:
- Perform yearly inspections
- Perform yearly inspections
- Make maintenance-related repairs as necessary
- Provide documentation to you (and GAF) that needed repairs have been made
CMPs can also offer GAF’s WellRoof® Guarantee Extension designed to reward you for establishing an annual inspection and preventative maintenance program. Your participation won’t just help you meet the maintenance requirements of your GAF Diamond Pledge™ NDL Roof Guarantee***; GAF will also extend the length of your coverage by 25% — with no additional guarantee fee!
*According to Roofing Contractor magazine
**Information provided herein is not legal, tax, or business advice
***See GAF Diamond Pledge™ NDL Roof Guarantee for complete coverage and restrictions