Caring for a residential roofing system is a responsibility that every homeowner takes on. After all, it is your home’s first line of defense against the elements; if it fails, it can leave your home vulnerable to mold and mildew growth and various kinds of structural damage. Thankfully, it is possible to care for your roofing system with little difficulty.
In this video, the roofing professionals of American Roofing, Inc. reveals six useful ways you can extend the lifespan of your roofing system.
- Maintain Your Roof’s Historical Records – When it comes to caring for your roof, make sure to have all the necessary documents on hand, such as its historical records. These records should have information on the roof’s original installation, roof plan, membrane type, system components, contact information of the contractor, the manufacturer, and its warranty. Maintenance and repairs should be documented by the owners as well.
- Control Roof Access – Another way you can help extend the lifespan of your roofing system is by controlling who has access to the roof. As much as possible, don’t perform any repairs or inspections on your own or by any other household member. Instead, call a roof repair professional to get the job done for you.
- Regular Inspections – Regular roofing inspections can help you extend your roofing system’s overall lifespan. This is because having a roofer regularly inspect your roof allows them to easily spot any issues with your roof’s components and identify any minor problems before they cause major issues for the roof and your home.
- Routine Maintenance – Regular maintenance procedures go hand-in-hand with regular inspections. This means should your roofer find any issues with your roof such as debris, you can work with them to have them removed immediately at different times of the year.
- Have the Necessary Repairs Done – On the other hand, should your roofer find any leaks or damage on your roof during the inspection process, make sure to have them repair these problem areas as soon as possible. Otherwise, they can cause structural damage to your home and reduce the lifespan of your roof.
- Hire a Contractor – Any repairs that will need to be conducted on your roof, no matter how major or minor, should always be completed by a trained professional. That way, you can avoid any mistakes that can be costly or difficult to remediate.
Need an expert roofer to conduct some work on your roof? Don’t hesitate to turn to American Roofing, Inc., your leading professionals when it comes to commercial roofing and roof repair services. Give us a call at (216) 307-3898 or fill out our contact form to get a FREE estimate. We serve homeowners in Cleveland, Mentor and other nearby areas in the state of Ohio.